POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Constructing a geometry : Re: Constructing a geometry Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:36:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Constructing a geometry
From: Amir ni
Date: 5 Feb 2009 04:00:00
Message: <web.498aa9d13b9d3d08792c7d270@news.povray.org>
Hi Mike, Thanks! I am new to this site, so it seems I have posted my question in
two different places. Is it possible to make the shape of that cavity as an
independent object like a sphere so that I can use illumination features? I
mean, when I use """  finish{ambient 0.3 specular 0.5 reflection 0.4}  """
inside the difference command block, I think it doesn't illuminates the new
shape, but it first illuminates the sphere and then make a geometrical
subtraction (though I may be wrong). I want to do some illumination effect on
the object so that when I turn the camera, the gloss and other effect can be
observed.